MiceChat 11th Anniversary Celebration
ESPN Zone Breakfast with Legends and Muppets
Please note that there are two event tickets available, General Admission and VIP. In Addition, you can pre-order books from Dick Van Dyke and Marty Sklar to be signed at the event.
Event Date and Location:
January 30th - 8:30am - Noon, ESPN Zone Downtown Disney Anaheim
- General Admission Ticket - Includes breakfast, panel discussions and general seating
- VIP Ticket - Only 12 seats available - Includes special signed gift from Dick Van Dyke, front row seating, meet the celebrities, first in line for sale and signing, breakfast buffet)
MiceChat Anniversary is on the way. In this, our 11th year, we'd like to kick things off right with an amazing celebration. This breakfast at the ESPN Zone on the morning of January 30th will feature breakfast (including MiceChat famous Maple Pepper Bacon), a panel discussion with Disney super-legend Dick Van Dyke and Disney Imagineering legend Marty Sklar. Both gentlemen will have books available for purchase and signing at the event. The panel will be hosted by beloved Disney author David Koenig. Next up is a little Muppet mayhem as Disney animation superstar, Mike Peraza, hosts a panel featuring the Muppeteers behind the wonderful new Muppet Show on ABC. The event will conclude with book sales and signings, including the introduction of Terri Hardin's steampunk pocket watch set from Starling Watches.
MiceChat Muppet Mayhem Panel
Dusty Sage will lead a panel of Muppet madness featuring Disney animation superstar Mike Peraza (who was once a Muppeteer), Muppeteers Terri Hardin, and Muppet artist Amy Mebberson.
- Mike Peraza is well known for his animated features including Little Mermaid, but are you aware that he was a Muppeteer with Jim Henson back in the day?
- Terri Hardin, former Imagineer and renown sculptor has long worked for the Muppets, creating creatures and animating them as well. Today she's working on the new Muppet TV show and creating a line of amazing steampunk watches for Starling Watch company.
- Amy Mebberson is a brilliant artist who is famous for her work on the Muppet comics. Her art has a whimsical style and we think you'll agree that she's hysterical.
This is a panel not to be missed!
LEGENDARY Authors Panel
What can we say about this next panel except for DICK VAN DYKE and MARTY SKLAR!!! Yes, two great Disney legends in one panel. Both gentlemen have brand new books out and they'll discuss their current projects as well as some of the things you love them for. Who knows what sort of hijinks will ensue when these two wise guys get together! The panel will be led by Mouse Tales author David Koenig, who knows how to whip a panel into shape and get at the interesting stories!
Sales and Signings:
- Dick Van Dyke - Will have his new book, Keep Moving, for sale and signing. Dick normally sells his autograph for $100, but at the MiceChat event, you'll get the book and his autograph for that price. A special perk for MiceChat Anniversary.
- Marty Sklar - Following on the heals of his successful Dream it Do it book, Marty returns with the acclaimed One Little Spark, which explains Mickey's 10 commandments and the road to becoming an Imagineer.
- David Koenig - Will have a selection of books available for sale and signing.
- Terri Hardin - Will be launching a new line of steampunk pocket watches from Starling Watches at the MiceChat event. STARLING is a Steampunk-styled graphic novel that tells its story through six wonderfully designed Victorian styled pocket watches, each endowed with special powers. Follow the time travel adventures of Jeff and Allisandra, people from different time periods that meet through the power of the STARLING watch. Adventure with them as they outwit the watch's evil inventor and find a love that spans across time. MICECHAT SPECIAL, $99.00 EACH.
You will receive an 11 X 17 poster designed and sold exclusively at THIS event. SET OF 6 WATCHES = 399.00 (A MiceChat special savings of 20%when you buy the set. You will also get the poster and a copy of the book with cover illustrated by Terri Hardin).
- 60th Anniversary Castle - Terri will also bring a sample of the 60th Anniversary Castle sculpture she has created for Disneyland fans. the Castle will be available for pre-order at the event.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Tickets are non-refundable (though you are welcome to resell them with notice to MiceChat). Event details and guests are subject to change at any time for any reason. We will do our best to notify guests if significant changes occur.